Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Welcome to the world, baby girl...


Introducing Lila Faith, born November 30th at 6:52 a.m. She was 7 pounds 9 ounces and 20 inches long.

We went to the hospital on Saturday evening because I felt like I couldn't get enough oxygen and felt really light headed. They checked me over and couldn't find anything wrong and my oxygen levels were 98%, and I was still only dilated to a 2, so they were getting ready to send us home and... WHAM! Contractions started hard and fast and I was at a 4 within another hour and a half. So they said, "Ok, you're staying and having a baby instead." Brian and I were thrilled, Brian especially because he had to work really hard to talk me into going in and getting checked out. I told him to enjoy being right, because it doesn't happen all that often.
One of the best things was Mima Kim and Pa Dave got to the hospital around 4:30, so mom and I were the oxygen sisters. We shared ice chips and she brushed my hair and held my hand and got to be the first to hold Lila after she was born. She was pretty worn out afterwards, but she was there.

10 comments:

Emily said...

That is so great! I am glad that your mom was there. She is beautiful! Congrats you guys!

Elizabeth said...

Yeah for Lila. It is great that Mima Kim was there! How exciting for you guys. Oh, and I love, "enjoy being right, because it doesn't happen that often."

Emilie said...

Yeah! Yeah! Yeah! Congratulations! I'm so glad your mom was there.

Lila is beautiful! As soon as everyone is healthy around here I'm comin' over.

Dinee said...

Yay! We loved visiting you all in the hospital and Libby still smiles and giggles when I mention bsby Lila. Let us know when you're up for a Jazz party!

Elena Loo said...

YeaH! She's beautiful, congrats!! you did great!

Shawn Telford said...

Baby Lila is so sweet! So glad that your mom was able to be there. We are thinking about you guys!

Hay Dub said...

oh she is so beautiful! Congratulations. The bottom picture is so sweet. I love the smile on your mommy's face. Love you and let me know when I can come see you!

April Weeks said...

I love that picture of the two sleeping beauties. What a wonderful blessing!

The Cole Family said...

Congratulations!!! Baby Lila is a beauty!

Mandy said...

Give that baby a big kiss for me! That is really neat your mom was with you, sweet memories! What a legacy she leaves behind.